Get A Strong Defense Team On Your Side To Tackle State Charges
When you’re facing criminal charges, whether a felony or misdemeanor, the outcome can impact your life in a big way. You could face jail time, loss of your driver’s license, loss of your ability to own or carry firearms, a tarnished reputation and criminal record, and other significant consequences.
Fortunately, you have the constitutional right to hire an attorney. Your choice of defense lawyer can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
We’re Passionate About Criminal Defense
Criminal law is all we do at Torres | Torres Stallings, A Law Corporation. Our father-daughter legal team shares a passion for protecting the rights of people from all walks of life. That passion translates into skilled, determined advocacy at all stages of your case, including plea negotiations and trial.
With so much on the line, get the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have a capable legal team on your side.
Here, You’ll Find Service, Not Judgment
We know that confronting criminal allegations can be embarrassing and stressful. Our job is not to compound that stress by judging you. We provide a safe, supportive environment where your rights and freedoms come first.
“It’s not my job to care if you did it; it’s my job to defend you.” – Defense Attorney David Torres
What Are State-Level Charges?
The state and federal court systems are different. State charges are offenses under California law rather than federal law. When you’re facing state charges, you need a lawyer – such as both of ours – who is very familiar with the intricacies of the California justice system. We understand the procedural rules and other legal nuances that will shape your defense.
We can help you with any kind of state charge, including:
- DUI charges resulting from driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription drugs)
- Drug charges such as possession, possession with intent and trafficking, which may involve fentanyl (a major priority area for state law enforcement), cocaine, heroin, meth or other controlled substances
- Violent crimes such as assault and battery, domestic violence, vehicular manslaughter, voluntary manslaughter and homicide
- Sex offenses of all kinds, including rape, date rape, statutory rape, sexual abuse and sexual assault/battery
- Theft offenses such as robbery, receipt of stolen property, shoplifting and petty theft
- Gun charges such as unlawful possession of a firearm
- Terrorism charges under the Hertzberg-Alarcon California Prevention of Terrorism Act
Some crimes can result in state and federal charges. Thankfully, we can handle both, providing a unified defense that is tailored to the specific elements of each set of laws.
Looking For An Expungement?
Nobody wants a criminal record looming over their head, preventing them from getting a job, qualifying for a loan, pursuing higher education or other opportunities. If you qualify for expungement of an old offense, we can help you with that process. Talk to our lawyers about whether you qualify for an expungement under California law.
Talk To Our Lawyers About What Will Make An Effective Defense In Your Case
Every criminal case is different. Some criminal defense lawyers take a cookie-cutter approach to simply pleading out most every case.
We don’t do that, and we never cut corners. We will take a fresh approach to your case, starting from square one to ensure that nothing gets overlooked when it comes to compiling the building blocks for an effective defense.